- The Siusi Alps, the largest high-altitude pasture in Europe and the agricultural culture of the "maso"
- The spectacular shapes of the Dolomites, from Sasso Lungo to the Three Peaks of Lavaredo.
- Venice, the architecural jewel that stands on water.
Arrival at Venice Airport and private transfer to the Siusi Alps. Check-in to a typical mountain refuge alto atesino at the foot of the mountains. Dinner and overnight in alpine refuge. Meals (D)
Today we discover two of the most symbolic moutains in the Alps: Sasso Lungo and its bizzare peaks and Sasso Piatto with its long blade-like slope that leads to the top. From the high rocks to the Rifugio Vicenza, positioned in the centre of an impressive canyon. Dinner and overnight in an alpine refuge. Meals (B, D)
L'anfiteatro where Lake Antermoia comes from is both spectacular and magical. The lake is a jewel, guarded by the high walls of rock. We reach it by crossing the Valle Duron, where pine trees are born and where it also possible to see some chamois and eagles. Dinner and overnight in alpine refuge. Meals (B, D)
We reach the alpine village of Castelrotto, crossing the plateau of the Siusi Alps with a long and gradual descent. Between the pastures we come across the "masi", typical high mountain pastures, where it is possible to drink a glass of fresh milk and eat some fresh yoghurt. More than likely, we will see some deer amongst the dense forests of larch and spruce. Public bus from Castelrotto to the Siusi Alps. Dinner and overnight in alpine refuge. Meals (B, D)
We say 'arrivederci' to the Siusi Alps! From our refuge, we follow a path through a forest of Scots pine until we reach the sulphur spring. Private transfer to Cortina. Dinner and overnight in Hotel***. Meals (B, D).
Today we meet two fantastic groups of the Dolomites: the Tofane and the legendary Cinque Torri. From the Falzarego Pass, thanks to the footpaths used by soldiers in the two world wars, we come to some beautiful panoramic viewpoints taking in all the mountains as well as Cortina. Dinner and overnight in Hotel***. Meals (B, D)
Considered amongst the most beautiful mountains in the world, the Three Peaks of Lavaredo stand out like 3 enormous rock cathedrals. The scene in front of you is both epic and unforgettable. Private transfer to Venice and an evening walking tour along the main streets and past the main monuments, floating on water. Dinner and overnight in Hotel***. Meals (B, D).
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast end of services and individual departures. Meals (B)
Note: B (breakfast) ; D (dinner)
Grade : moderate, 2h30 to 6h30 hours walking each day. An hilly-to-steep terrain whit large dirt road, mule track and wooden path. A prior hiking experience is recommended.
- 4 nights in Alpine Refuge in the Siusi Alps in double rooms with toilet and shower
- 2 nights in Hotel *** in Cortina
- 1 night in Hotel *** in Venice
trekking shoes, trekking socks, trekking t-shirt, warm shell, wind and water proof jacket, hat and gloves, bathing suit, sun glasses and sun cream, daily backpack (min. 30 liters), trekking poles advised.
Getting there : The destination airport is Venice.
Price per person Single Room Supplement €150
Extra night in Venice double/single room €80 / €70
- 4 nights half board in Alpine Refuge
- 3 nights half board in Hotel***
- Private transfers and public transport as detailed in the itinerary
- Tourist taxes in Cortina and Venezia
- English spoken tour leader, specialist of the region
- All beverages
- All lunches
- All tickets to museums, archeological sites and churches not detailed in the itinerary
- Transfer from Venice to the airport or train station on Day 8
- Anything not listed in the "included" section